Dangerous side traffic

Discussion in 'Hero and Jerk of the Day' started by Right Lane Cruiser, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

I don't like to post complaints but this one was horribly blatant and nearly wrecked my little Insight this morning. I have no pictures, but it was one of those large trucks (may have been an F150?).

There is a stretch of road early in my commute that is marked at 50mph with a stop sign right in the middle where another road tees into it. Just on the other side of this stop sign at about 40' from the sign there is a neighborhood street on my left. Another 40' down the road there is a bus stop and then another neighborhood street on the right. As I'm getting up to speed this truck pulls out of the neighborhood street to my left and matches me... forcing me all the way to the shoulder and the bus stop where he proceeds to turn right. The entire time I was blowing my horn but he didn't stop?? I'm fortunate I was finally able to get my car slowed enough to yank around his tailgate as he made the right and doubly fortunate there was no one at the bus stop to get run over. :( :ccry:

I can't fathom this. I had my headlights on. I was blowing the horn. There was no other traffic. What the...???

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 Well-Known Member

Did he run the stop sign? He might have been a hypermiler. I, too, am thankful that no one else was in the way. That could have made for a rough start to the week.

3. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

Don't you wish sometimes as soon as this stuff happens there is an officer ready and waiting? I had this very same thing happen to me a few days ago, except it was an 06/07 model elantra. This happened ON my street, well, similar. The guy was pulling out from the side of the road in front of his house, no turn signals...nothing. my lights were on, my horn...I just dont get it..actually the same thing happened when I was in New York City, that resulted in a crash a few years ago in '04. This time the driver of the GM van came from the left, pulling out of a parking space on the side of the road. No signal no nothing. I laid on the horn there also but the driver ended up severing my fender.

Imagine if I had been driving 40 like most ppl do on my street! :eek: Hypermiling saved a lotta trouble right there!

4. kwj

kwj I hypermiled this

Perhaps he was angry at himself after his last fill-up, and decided to take it out on some little fuel efficient car. It does sound like an in-your-face move.

I was driving my motorcycle on a four lane highway. It was rush hour, so both lanes were pretty full. As I passed an older gent who was in the right lane in a Large Buick, he stared at me, and proceeded to shove me into the grass median strip.

I didn't have time to think, just react. I know he saw me, he looked right at me the whole time. No smile, no frown, just a blank stare. I was amazed. By the time I got back on the road, he was way down the highway, and I had no chance to catch him. My turn came up and I left the highway.

5. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

OH my, just found this! Glad you and blue swayed are ok!
    What a schmuck! May he get what he deserves!:mad:

6. lightfoot

lightfoot Reformed speeder

Whew!! Glad to hear you are OK.

From my motorcycling days, I play a game where I guess what crazy thing another vehicle on the road might be about to do. It's surprising how often they do exactly that!!

Looking at a vehicle can tell you a lot about the driver's past history on the road: scrapes mean they probably don't drive too well, an immaculate vehicle even if older suggests they may be reasonably good.

7. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Thanks guys. It wasn't much fun but I came out the other side unscathed.

John, I actually play the same game!! My favorite vehicles are the the immaculate ones -- especially if they are older!

8. MT bucket

MT bucket I want my MPG!

hehehe you guys would lose your game if you saw my van! :p It looks like I just got out of a demolition derby, but I drive it like I just rolled off the showroom :D
    But if seeing all my scrapes and dents makes peoople nervous and they stay back, that would be a good thing :) unfortunatly, most don't put that much thought in their driving!