Welcome from Sunny So Cal

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by Steves1150plus50, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Hi everybody,

Happened across this Discussion Board while my wife and I were researching hybrids. We love our new Honda Civic Hybrid, and hope to drastically improve what I think is already awesome mileage (around 38-44 mpg depending on conditions)

Cheers,
    Steve in So Cal

2. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

welcome steve! and if you think 38-44 on an hch is awesome, wait till you get ahold of the "articles" to the left. read have fun, and use our buffet in moderation. This is one website that will more than pay for the internet and the electricity u use for it ;)

3. Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the welcome! I agree, there is a tremendous amount of driving information to absorb. I've already bumped up the tire pressure to 40 psi all around, and am starting to drive the car with some of the tips in mind...

Cheers,
    Steve in So Cal

4. AnnArtisan

AnnArtisan Active Member

YES! I've been looking at all the "new" bills we pay on a monthly basis now as compared to, say, 15 years ago and thinking how ridiculous some of it is. Remember when TV used to be FREE? We now pay just under $100 a month! Internet takes another $60. Telephone used to be under thirty bucks, now it's $130. (Admittedly, the latter is due to it being a business phone with yellow pages advertising.)

Still, sheesh!

But I'm glad to see some justification for the price of the internet, because of all of the above, it's the one thing I just can't imagine living without again. And sites like this are a big part of the reason.

AnnA

5. I agree, DBs can be worth their weight in gold. I am very active at www.bmwsporttouring.com and I cannot believe how much money I've saved through the tips, advice, and comments made there...

I'm sure this board will be just as valuable, as I am learning some techniques to extend my mileage!

cheers,
    Steve in So Cal