Worst Jerk of the Day? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Hero and Jerk of the Day' started by lamebums, Jul 20, 2008.

?

Which is the worst Jerk of the Day? (Choose one)

1. March 26 - Exploder (finger)

2.8%
  2. March 27 - 20 various (triple parked)

2.8%
  3. March 29 - Land Cruiser (tailgating, weaving, etc.)

2.8%
  4. March 30 - Mitsubishi SUV (dog walk)

8.3%
  5. April 4 - Ricer (tailgating/flashing lights)

5.6%
  6. April 8 - F350 (tailgating, verbal abuse, etc.)

36.1%
  7. April 19 - Suburban (in compact spot, family nearby, etc.)

13.9%
  8. June 30 - Semi (tailgating)

8.3%
  9. July 17 - Civic (in such a damn hurry)

16.7%
  10. Other (please let us know)

2.8%
  1. lamebums

lamebums Member

This is long overdue. I've collected what are the ten worst Jerks of the Day over the past couple months and going to put in pictures and a brief description of what happened...and see what happens.

Just one vote so choose wisely. :)

I am leaning towards the more aggressive/dangerous drivers in my poll choices.

March 26, 2008--Ford Exploder
    [​IMG]
    I think this picture's self-explanatory.

March 27, 2008--about 20 various cars
    [​IMG]
    Snow fell on the parking lots so cars parked pell-mell but obviously triple-parking screws whoever's in the middle should he/she need to actually get out of there.

March 29, 2008--Toyota Land Cruiser
    [​IMG]
    Inattentive woman on phone blows red light, swerves repeatedly, then guns it, by the time this picture was taken she was also tailgating despite the clear opportunity to go around.

March 30, 2008--Mitsubishi SUV
    [​IMG]
    Sometimes a picture is really worth a thousand words. Or a million. Even if you're speechless from the sheer stupidity.

April 4, 2008--Unknown Ricer
    [​IMG]
    Repeatedly flashes lights, then keeps them on whilst tailgating...in the right lane. Could of gone around at any time. Didn't.

April 8, 2008--F350 doolie
    [​IMG]
    Tailgating a nurse in the parking lot of a busy shopping center when the nurse had to make an emergency stop to avoid hitting a pedestrian crossing in front of her. The driver (who may have already had a couple of beers) got out and verbally abused the petite nurse to tears in front of about six witnesses.

April 19, 2008--Lifted Suburban
    [​IMG]
    Lifted Suburban in a compact spot, very confrontational guy even though his family was nearby. Even dumb enough to pose for a picture.

June 30, 2008--Uknown Semi
    [​IMG]
    Forget about drafting semi's which is illegal and dangerous. The semi drafting the small car is infinitely worse because the semi's stopping distance is actually greater than the small car's...God forbid the small car need to make an emergency stop.

July 17, 2008--Honda Civic

2. lamebums

lamebums Member

I think the Land Cruiser's the worst, since it's a whole series of bad habits rolled into one: tailgating, blowing a red light, swerving, on the phone, aggressive driving, and more tailgating. Probably the kind of person who drives 85 in the left lane and whose insurance premiums are three times what mine are from all the wrecks and speeding tickets, but still hasn't learned her lesson.

Runner-up: The Semi. I hate it when semi's get on my ass, simply because if I have to stop I'm going to be a hood ornament within a second of me getting on the brakes.

3. psychojuggalo17

psychojuggalo17 Well-Known Member

i voted civic. stupid and speed dont mix, but the redlight runner gives a nice "pop"

or maybe "crunch"

of sheetmetal.

4. Project01SC2

Project01SC2 Well-Known Member

What he said.....

Another good reason why stupid people shouldn't breed!:cool:

5. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 Well-Known Member

I voted for the F350. Tailgating a nurse and then verbally abusing her? What's next? Kicking puppies?

The lifted Suburban would have been my second choice. He's setting a fine example for the next generation. Shameful.

6. SadClown

SadClown Active Member

I must be to new to this that I haven’t had any body flip me off yet. One thing I have witnessed is there are many Hybrid drivers out there going 85, 90 and weaving in and out of traffic. I wonder if this is because they are getting such good gas mileage. Man if they only knew the true potential.

7. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

I know! It's SO funny!! Non-hypermiling hybrid drivers, are simply unaware of what they are doing! Honestly, I'll be driving 35 mph on the interstate in my Accord, while often, a little green Insight will ZOOM right past me in the left lane. It's astounding. That drive could be getting such better FE.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  8. diamondlarry

diamondlarry Super MPG Man/god :D

You are sadly witnessing an attitude that affects an all too large number of hybrid drivers: "If normal cars can get 35-40 mpg at 70-75, then we can go 85-90 and get the same mpg as they do." It kind of cancels out all of the benefits of buying a hybrid in the first place.:rolleyes: In fact, there is a rather significant group of so-called "green" hybrid(;):D) owners that seem to be extremely cozy with this concept.

9. Hadi

Hadi Well-Known Member

There's no thread about it, but I have to cast my vote for the delightful couple in the Lincoln Navigator during the MPGFest planning session. Picture myself, lamebums and bestmapman crammed into a Toyota Echo. We were blessed with the good fortune of being in front of a luxurious sport utility vehicle as we exited the freeway. Being proud Ohioans visiting Kentucky, they greeted me by laying on the horn after the offramp; the gentleman driving then extended his arm out the driver window and then gave us a genuine Cincinnati salute. It was a poignant moment for all of us.

10. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Well-Known Member

Please tell me that was a typo or you were just getting on the road.

11. Hadi

Hadi Well-Known Member

I'm getting ready to nominate Pierce as Jerk of the Month. Proudly driving 35mph on an interstate? That's not just dangerous, it's also highly illegal.

12. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

??? I just got on the road, calm down everyone, geeze. Sorry, my 3000 lb + non-electronically enhanced non-luxury/performance sedan has an I4, not a V8. I honestly think I might have a sluggish Accord, however. While I strive to try to reach the speedlimit (and often times do) when I'm in highest gear, I takes about a good 15 seconds to get up to 50 mph, which is the PSL. Also, the minimum PSL on NJ interstates in 40 mph, thus meaning for the short time I'm working up to the legal limit I'm a mere -5 mph under the limit. Also, there tends to be some congestion here and there, allowing the total speeds of all vehicles to be decreased collectively, affording me some additional time.

13. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Voted F350 Doolie.

People are jerks in cars. This one crossed over to direct, personal interaction. That displays a much deeper jerk-ness than most drivers.

14. visionseeming

visionseeming Well-Known Member

Agreed. In terms of the most wasteful of gas however, it would have to be the loser walking his dog while driving his SUV.

15. Barny

Barny New Member

I vote Mitsubishi SUV (dog walk). It is a stupid and dangerous thing to do. Come on! get out of the car and do a real walk with your dog.

16. 2RR2NV

2RR2NV Ultimate Newbie

i absolutely HATE redlight runners. why? had an old guy run a red and instead of continuing thru the red light, he stopped right in front of me... i t-boned his lil camry. his excuse? his wife was chewing his ass cause he was running the red light, so he stopped.

the other reason....when i was on my bike, i was about to pull out when i got the green arrow, but something didn't feel right so hauled in the brake and sure enough, this re-re in a buick, on then phone, blows right thru his red light. he was the only one moving. as he was goin thru, he was looking around with that "why is everyone stopped?" face.

so my vote was for the re-re in the civic runing the light and almost causing an accident.

sure the chick did more things wrong, but you didn't say anything about anyone having to avoid hitting her... so she didn't rate quite as high.

the nurse dealio ranks right up there too cause i've had a few dealings with them for different surgeries and they help/assist/put my sorry butt back together again. so i LOVE them. :woot: that is most definitely NOT cool chewing her butt. i would hope that the bully gets in a accident that puts him in her section and she "mistakely" puts on his paperwork that he needs a catheter and a colonoscopy. oh darn his luck.