Tradin Up

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by meallen1954, Jul 14, 2008.

1. meallen1954

meallen1954 Trying to save $$

Well HELLO
    Newbie here and I am in the process of tradin up.
    Now drivin a 2003 Ford Explorer tradin up to 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid, due in about 4-5 weeks. Cant wait to almost make payments on it with gas savings, now driving 115 miles round trip each day. :confused:

2. R E P U B L I C

R E P U B L I C Well-Known Member

wow, you'll save with that kind of daily mileage...

3. Vooch

Vooch Well-Known Member

welcome -

keep us posted with your progress !

4. 07mpshei

07mpshei Well-Known Member

In the meantime you can always improve your mileage with your existing car (I'm waiting for my Prius to come in :) )

5. atlaw4u

atlaw4u Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the club.

You should start by knowing your car’s EPA rating located at FuelEconomy.gov and make sure to read the article “Beating the EPA”.

Make sure you air your tires up to the maximum pressure indicated on the tire’s sidewall.

Also, consider purchasing a ScanGaugeII. It is an invaluable source of information and will quickly pay for itself in fuel savings.

However, please be careful as hypermiling is addictive. :)

6. meallen1954

meallen1954 Trying to save $$

OK The new Honda arrived yesterday!!
    Wow what a neet auto, I picked it up and dorve the 40 miles home after reseting the mileage and MPG to 0 averaged 49 mpg on the trip home at 55-65 mph.
    Impressed is not even close. When i get home I will install my SG-II and then the odessy will begin to get the most out of this new mode of transportation for me.

So until later :Banane44: :bananapowerslide: :Banane44:

7. atlaw4u

atlaw4u Well-Known Member

Make sure you air those tires up to the "maxpsi" listed on the tire's sidewall. That should be good for at least a 1-2 mpg increase.

8. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Boy are you in for some fun!!! Not only is it a nice handling car with great mileage, it looks good too! :thumbs_up: