Honda Fit to go hybrid in 2008!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Valleyforge, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Valleyforge

Valleyforge *****istrator Staff Member

Honda to release hybrid subcompact vehicle in yr to March 2008 – report

cecille.yap@xfn.com/AFX News Limited
    Feb. 21, 2006, 07:11 PM

[​IMG]

TOKYO (AFX) - Honda Motor Co intends to start selling the hybrid version of its Fit subcompact worldwide as early as the year to March 2008, the Nihon Keizai Shimbun reported without citing sources.

The business daily said the vehicle will likely become the first hybrid to be priced at less than 2 mln yen as the automaker plans to sell it for around 1.4 mln yen having used a smaller motor and battery.

Demand for hybrid cars has been growing worldwide because of higher gasoline prices. The US is the biggest market, with much of the rest sold in Japan and Europe.

2. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I'd have a sporty Mini Cooper-like version and a hypermiler version (those that know me have heard me say this about bringing back the CRX)

3. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

I like it and it already has a Major Plus in my Book of Likes:

It's RED :cool:

Terry

4. tigerhonaker

Honda may be working on cheap hybrid

Honda may be working on cheap hybrid:

By Reuters
    Published: February 22, 2006, 5:44 AM PST

Honda Motor plans to sell a low-cost, hybrid version of its popular Fit subcompact car, according to a Japanese newspaper.

Such a move would signal the car maker's long-term commitment to the fuel-sipping powertrain.
    Japan's third-biggest car maker aims to sell the Fit hybrid as early as next year for about $11,800, or $1,700 more than the gasoline-only version, likely making it the world's least expensive hybrid by far,

Read, the rest of this on Link Below:

http://news.com.com/Honda+may+be+working+on+cheap+hybrid/2100-11389_3-6041901.html

Terry

5. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

Re: Honda may be working on cheap hybrid

i'm going to work my ass off to get me one of these! the ultimate city car!

6. tigerhonaker

Re: Honda may be working on cheap hybrid

Well,

I'm all for you. :cool:

Go Get-um, :p You seem to be Un-Sure about your Decision on this? :rolleyes:

Terry, laughing :)

7. philmcneal

either that terry or a 1st gen prius. I prefer the small outside-big inside approach to cars. Plus I love the small turning radius and easy to squeeze in spacing.

8. tigerhonaker

So philmcneal,

What about a Mini Cooper?

EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)
    Manual: 28 mpg / 36 mpg

See; 2005 Specs: in Link Below:
    http://www.edmunds.com/used/2005/mini/cooper/100414742/specs.html

Hey Small on the Outside and Very Large and can be made to pack alot of stuff.

Terry

9. philmcneal

lol sorry I must support my Asian economy...I can't go domestic just yet...
    besides that's too sporty for my taste, I'll never get good mileage if I'm going to rip it up all the time.

I was considering a Yaris sedan due to their low curb weight and aerodynamics but then I have the dilemma between auto and stick. Since I doubt I can get stick again for family reasons, but can't cope with the limitations of auto. It looks like prius for me.

10. tigerhonaker

phil;

I hear you: :) Whats a Guy to do? ;) Decisions-Decisions :)

11. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Phil McNeal:

___About that stick and the family members … I taught my 13 year old to drive a stick just last Sunday. His first release of the clutch in the Ranger was smoother then I usually launch! Of course the subsequent launches were not so pretty ;) I also had him in a FAS before we had traveled .5 miles too! Youngest hypermiler in the country and boy am I proud :D

___Good Luck

___Wayne

12. tigerhonaker

Wayne,

The proud Hypermiler Father. :) Bragger ;)

Terry

13. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

The CRX should be brought back as the Insight with Hondas best!!! hybrid system, with a HX counter part and a Si.

I dont like the Fit. At All.