'97 Civic EX saying hey.

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by tbone, Jun 27, 2008.

1. tbone

tbone New Member

Hi everybody. I've been keeping track of my mileage for several years and I've been up to 41 and down to 26 before I ever knew about hypermiling. I just did my first tank hypermiling this last week. I got 47.7 mpg!!!!! Just doing some basic thigs like pumping up the tires, slowing down to 60mph on the highway, shutting off the ICE at stoplights, FAS, and a little P&G. I'm hooked and I won't be going back the way of 26mpg ever again!! Thanks for all the info and I'm looking forward to more!

Tom

By the way it is a manual:Banane01:

2. kmactavi

kmactavi Well-Known Member

Hi Tom, Welcome to the site!

Be glad you have a manual, there a lot more tricks you can pull over an automatic. Good job on the 47.7! That's a great start! Auston has put together a good collection of resources you should look through, check out the "Start Here!" link in my signature.

Kirk

3. A024523

A024523 Currently in Training

Welcome, and well done! My wife loves her '97 Civic LX, but I have never got it close to that MPG. But your manual transmission is a big advantage. Good luck and keep up the great work! :)

4. shine0853

shine0853 Active Member

Oh how I envy your 97 Civic, I had manual 4dr dx, "beep beep" car from new until a yard care truck backed up on top my front hood!!! I had 105,000 miles and counting, the Best car I've ever owned! Only one problem was the exhaust pipes always rotted due to city driving...other than that oil changes at 3000 miles, and I got upwards of 40mpg...miss my car and hate new payments. Now have civic lx, 2007 dr, automatic which is a real treat with cd/air. I would put my car in neutral and coast to stop signs, soft brakes, and drove at or under 65 hwy, speed limit posted +5 or so around town.
    Take care, Shine