Honda Civic Hybrid repair manual online?

Discussion in 'Honda Hybrids' started by HemiSync, Jun 14, 2008.

1. HemiSync

HemiSync Well-Known Member

I am trying to decide on a subscription service for repair information for my HCH. I stumbled upon a couple Alldata & ChiltonDIY. Was wondering if there are others and what people here are using.

Thanks,

2. msantos

msantos Eco Accelerometrist

3. HemiSync

Wow! I wanted service information, but I can't afford to become the guru of service. Their yearly subscription is a little out of my ballpark at $500. Please don't get me wrong my friend, I appreciate what is probably the best link out there for Honda service, but I was just looking for something along the lines of a Chilton's DIY manual. The two I mentioned cost less a year, than what Service Express charges for a couple 3 day passes. I'm just looking for the simple things like changing spark plugs, oil, flushing a radiator, replacing a head/tail light, stuff a mechanic doesn't even thing about anymore, they just do it. I am just a weekend warrior trying to save a couple bucks. I can rip a computer system apart without thinking about it but know my limits as a mechanic. ;) I will still take my HCH to the Honda dealer for the bigger stuff.

Thanks again for the links and all the great help you have given me since I came aboard.

4. msantos

msantos Eco Accelerometrist

Try the second link. It lists the service manuals which you can purchase without a subscription (far more affordable and it is the real stuff unlike Chilton's)

Cheers

MSantos

5. HemiSync

I did take a look at it but most be missing something because while they list manuals for the many different systems and what I am sure are very detailed information on those systems. There didn't seem to be anything for the weekend do-it-yourself person just trying to maintain the basics on a HCH.

6. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

this is the problem that we are facing when it comes to repairing our own vehicles...

righttorepair.ca
    controlledautorepair.com

i wish there was a Bentley manual for all the hybrids on the market, the independent shop that i work at really wants to service them but unable to due to certification (legalities in case i shock myself but I can do most of the prius work myself with the same tools used for servicing automobiles? minus the Panasonic toughbook that Toyota uses (6000! what's horse**** is that i can't pay for the software, i must pay for the HARDWARE + SOFTWARE COMBO ******** monopoly corporate whorebags.)

but only a Toyota tech can be certified? i'm still trying to find out if that's the case..

ugh im sure the HCH has a special computer that's needed to repair the car as well, don't get me started on other hybrids that I WANT TO LEARN AND WORK ON BUT THEY WON"T LET ME.

http://search.ebay.com/Honda-Civic-Hybrid-repair-manual 100 bucks PER CAR, OEM though... hm TEMPTING lol if HCH owners were coming to me to service instead of going to the stealership.

Honestly hybrid owners don't want to go to independant shop owners in fear of voiding their warranty, and then the stealership somehow still hangs on to those owners after post warranty, grr.

7. redrob1962

redrob1962 New Member

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

As of this posting, you can subscribe to the above FACTORY site for $10 for 3 days. Want to cut through the fog regarding the many, many warranty extensions and service bulletins relating to your Honda Hybrid? Tired of ENDLESSLY googling something someone heard from someone else, etc? The $10 is a bargain! AND - all the bulletins are PDF downloadable. So if you are the second owner of, say, a 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid, you would discover that the CVTransmission was/is covered to 99,000 miles!! The technical bulletins are gold as well. Not to mention seeing in black and white all the gyrations Honda has gone through to TRY to keep these hybrids on the road. BARGAIN BARGAIN BARGAIN