Remember me... & board theme/skin

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by brother, Jun 12, 2008.

1. brother

brother Well-Known Member

I've never seen where the "remember me" thing does anything. My guess is that it is supposed to remember your theme/skin settings, but none of that seems to stick.
    I like the default theme, but anytime I enter this site it's a crap shoot between that and "greenleaf". Any suggestions? Maybe it's a cookie thing & I should check my Firefox. But on my Nokia N800, which looks to be set to "accept cookies" it's still a crapshoot. I saw a thread where "default" is best on a portable device, and that seems to be so, but how do I make that stick?

EDIT: Also, what's the difference between "new posts" and "today's posts" other than that I don't see my own posts in "new posts"?

TIA,
    -jon

2. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

Your posts don't show up in new posts because the cookies know that you have read your own post. It shows up for everyone else.

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Jon:

___If you do not check that box, you will find yourself logged out after a few minutes of no activity. This can be a royal PIA if you were entering in tank data in the Mileage DBase or posting a long reply and hit submit only to find it disappeared into the ether because you did not have permission to post due to the auto log off.

___Good Luck

___Wayne