'nother noob

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by jimbow, Jun 11, 2008.

1. jimbow

jimbow New Member

Hello all from Seattle. Just found this site last week and was interested in all the info on hypermiling. I drive a 2005 Focus ST - manual trans. My commute is 17 miles of which about 12 is fwy. Thanks again for all the useful info.

J

2. A024523

A024523 Currently in Training

3. Vooch

Vooch Well-Known Member

Welcome !

1) the article linked above is a good place to start

2) pump up tires to max sidewall (listed on side of tire)

3) get rid of all the junk in the trunk - Every 10% of weight loss is betwen 2 - 4% MPG benefit ( at least that is what I have observed in my car)

4) if your car does not have a iFCD get a scanguage or similar

5) DWL is a good technique to start with once you have a iFCD

4. jimbow

jimbow New Member

Thanks Vooch! Much appreciated. I'll start with the easy ones first. I looked at some info on scanguage here and need learn more. I'm not sure about routing the cable from the computer access point under the hood, but I imagine there's info on that here. I'll do search. I'm currently getting around 32mpg or so and have lowered my speed to 60 or a little over. Still getting used to making so many new friend behind me on the fwy though.

J

5. Bucko

Bucko Well-Known Member

There should be a port under the dash, don't know where your exact location is, but mine was just left of the steering column

6. jimbow

jimbow New Member

A024523,

Thanks very much. I'll check out the site you listed. Yours and the other mpg improvements posted are amazing.

J