Which route?

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by DelSoler-Skate, May 19, 2008.

1. DelSoler-Skate

DelSoler-Skate Active Member

I just joined today. I saw it featured on the morning news.

I have two routes I can take to work and I have began to experiment with the back road route for FE

Route 1) 9+ miles, 3 Miles highway @65MPH, 3 miles highway@55 MPH, Remainder side roads @ 35 MPH, 3 trafic lights and two stop signs.

Route2) 9- miles, 3 miles highway @55MPH 3 miles highway@ 45MPH remainder side roads@35-45 MPH. 13 trafic lights. 2 stop signs

I think Route two has more potential for hypermiling but I have not seen much if any better FE. Any reccomendations?

I drive a Del Sol and get 38-42 MPG (32 without hypermiling) Only mod is a K&N air filter. I am going to increase the tire pressure and I will change to Mobile One next oil change.

2. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

I would say Rt 2 is the better one. It has more traffic lights, but hopefully you can time them.

3. theLimeyBrit

theLimeyBrit Padawan

You can also plug the routes into Gmap Pedometer to see if one has a significantly different topographical profile than the other.

4. Vooch

Vooch Well-Known Member

topography and are the lights timed to any speed ?

5. DelSoler-Skate

DelSoler-Skate Active Member

All of the lights repond to traffic sensors. Sometimes I get through all but two but that is rare. I like the topo idea.
    The best FE so far was 44MPG. I hope to get into the 60's with hypermiling.