Saw the funniest thing yesterday

Discussion in 'Hero and Jerk of the Day' started by bomber991, May 19, 2008.

1. bomber991

bomber991 Well-Known Member

Sorry no picture, but when me and my family (should be my family and I but whatever, proper grammer is a waste of time if you know what the person is saying) were going to eat yesterday, we drove by this Hummer dealership, and they had one of the hummers up on those riser things and it had a giant banner on it reading "I GET 18 MPG!!!". I'm guess it was an H3 but I couldn't tell, they all look like tonka toys to me.

Yep, 18mpg, not bad. I'm thinking of trading in the WRX for one. :flag:

2. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

GM needs to shut doen that line (Hummer) and convert it to something else with great fuel efficiency now. It doesn't matter what has happened in the past. It is water under the bridge. They need to do it now.

3. diamondlarry

diamondlarry Super MPG Man/god :D

Maybe if they quit just talking about it and actually do it, the Volt?:D That would almost be the ultimate in irony.

4. lamebums

lamebums Member

I think the Volt would make an excellent April Fool's joke... :(

5. lyekka

lyekka Well-Known Member

Wow, a whole 18! That explains why I seem to be seeing more of them around my location.:rolleyes:

6. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

[​IMG]

The right side - of course.

7. 98CRV

98CRV Well-Known Member

The only way it gets 18 mpg is when it is glided down off that riser.

8. SuPaFRo

SuPaFRo Member

Ha ha, OK, this is a little off topic and I don't mean to be a sore thumb but I just found it funny and ironic that you said proper grammar was a waste of time yet you spent the time explaining why you had improper grammar. :D

On another note, I don't understand why people still buy and drive those things around (Hummers). I find them totally useless and impractical. But hey what do I know, I only get 30+ MPG...HA!:Banane53:

9. ranger125

ranger125 New Member

funny thing is that off road hummer will never see a dirt road , they are extremely useless imo

10. esperto96

esperto96 Member

My wife and I just about laughed our heads off a few weeks ago while drifting along in the right lane when a Hummer towing a trailer full of landscaping equipment flew past us. It was the first time we had ever seen a Hummer actually doing any work.

Of course a Chevy S10 or Ford Ranger could have pulled the same trailer using less gas. The good part was when we caught up to it about five miles later as we ambled into the construction zone he was stuck in. It made our day.

11. Zukiru

Zukiru 0.29 coefficient of drag

12. fitmpg

fitmpg Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, I've NEVER seen a Hummer doing anything other than terrorizing other motorists. Not even towing a boat or a camper. Guess it's enough work just lumbering around in that cartoonish, overweight body.
    brian

13. lamebums

lamebums Member

You know, I've never actually see a Hummer actually do work (pull something). I've seen plenty of them weaving in and out of traffic while hauling some serious ass though... :angry:

In my perfect world, every pickup would be pulling something or have something in the back.

Every van would have multiple kids in it, if a sedan didn't do the job. Or maybe it's a work van.

Every SUV would be off-roading (or at least have evidence it was recently off the road).

Other than that we would all be driving small, fuel-efficient cars. :p

14. Damionk

Damionk DWL Lover

I don't think I could get 18MPG if I tried.

15. donee

donee Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I reiterate, the H2 is a good vehicle for Mr. Plow. He can put the kids and wife in there, and plow parking lots on the way to the schools, drop of the kids, and proceed to do the parking lot at the wife's place of employment. The wife and kids can jump out at each lot, and do the walkways with scoops, or a small snow blower. Then do a few more lots on the way to his day job.

And by doing this break even on the purchase of the H2. So he can tow his boat in teh summer.

16. donee

donee Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Lets see what mileage it would take for that 14 mpg license plate to be grafitied into $14 day . 14 = 4.25 * X / 14 . X = 46 miles! Yikes.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  17. warthog1984

warthog1984 Well-Known Member

Not at all. I've said it before-Hummers are extremely useful and fuel-efficient vehicles. IF you're:

1) Climbing steep mountains
    2) Moving Towed Artillery Cross-Country
    3) Fording rivers
    4) Encountering Light to Moderate small arms fire on the morning commute. (Requires Heavy Hummer option package)

-Warthog1984

18. hobbit

hobbit He who posts articles

The only hummers that are really suited for that sort of thing
    are the originals; everything since is a joke.
    _H*

19. I cant believe it would get 18mpg. I could barely get 18 most days with my Dodge. Bet its more like 12-15.

20. Nikki

Nikki Well-Known Member

MPG estimates for the H3 are 14 city/18 hwy.

Neighbors have one. I think it's a bit over the top for driving the kids to school & picking up groceries. :p I doubt that it ever has been or ever will be off road. I don't get it.