Wayne Gerdes in the News

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by OttawaFEH, May 19, 2008.

1. OttawaFEH

OttawaFEH Member

2. laurieaw

laurieaw Sorceress of the North

thanks, andrew. it's a shame the reporter had to throw in the drafting crap. he should have stuck with what wayne was saying. the whole tone of the article changed with that addition.

3. diamondlarry

diamondlarry Super MPG Man/god :D

Below is a comment that I left on the story. I hope they have the nerve to print it in the comments.

4. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

I was going to comment on that site and posting was already closed. People continue to believe that high pressure will cause blow-outs

5. diamondlarry

As evidenced in the thread here(in post# 78), running high psi will not necessarily cause the sky to fall. I traveled 500+ on freeways miles at at those "dangerous" pressures.:p

6. Jaral

Jaral Well-Known Member

Wow there is some ignorant stuff in that article. Vegetable oil conversions for diesels have been comercially available for many years now. I have a friend who drives his work truck on about 90% "recycled" oil from a nearby resturant. You cant just pour it straight in though...

Btw, has anyone on this forum EVER had a blowout from overinflation?

And why do people always put a negative spin on hypermiling?

7. diamondlarry

If they had bothered to do the research, they would have found that the veggie oil is used in the fuel tank with a conversion kit and not in the crankcase.:rolleyes:

8. vtec-e

vtec-e Celtic MPG Warrior

Not yet. I run at 50psi, sidewall limit of 44psi. I even hit a pothole one morning and the tire didn't cut, it just dislodged paint from the rim and gave me a slow leak.
    I did see a run flat tread worn off a tire one day. There it was, just the tread, on the road. A couple of km down the road, there was a car parked with just the sidewalls holding up the wheel! Also i see plenty of tires with the edge of the tread worn off slick. This is at what appears to be the "correct" pressure.

ollie