Smarts showing up here like fleas on a dog

Discussion in 'Mercedes-Benz' started by psyshack, May 7, 2008.

1. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Yep the Smarts are popping up here every where. I think I have seen them in every trim and color so far. I did see one running down the hwy sideways today. Checked the car front and rear. It was tracking side ways.

Of Note: I now see more Smarts per day then 8th Gen Accords. But I have to tell you. They look down right funny blipping down the hwy @ 75 mph. And utterly lost in the city.

2. worthywads

worthywads Don't Feel Like Satan, I am to AAA

Weird, I've only seen 1 on the streets of Boulder so far, but the Prius has saturated the market here, perhaps a Prius and a Smart in the driveway is gilding the lily.

3. diamondlarry

diamondlarry Super MPG Man/god :D

Psy, I don't recall seeing a single Smart in the wild around these parts. Is there a major dealer around there?

4. psyshack

I don't know if it a major dealer. But there is one in the same complex as the Infinity, Porsche, MB dealers. They are in one big building with the Smarts being right in the middle.

5. warthog1984

warthog1984 Well-Known Member

I've seen at least 3 different ones in the wild in the NW Chi-town suburbs.

6. 2008Mazda3i

2008Mazda3i Well-Known Member

I haven't seen too many in DFW but did see 3 in one parking lot alone in Austin this past weekend..and then I saw one on a regular route today in a suburb of DFW (still had the temp. tags on it as well!)

7. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

I've not seen one here yet but my coworker told me on Monday he saw one while out at lunch (I bring my lunch to work with me).

I really enjoyed seeing them in Italy when I was over there last summer -- if it got Insight numbers I'd be really interested!

8. laurieaw

laurieaw Sorceress of the North

maybe i will have to try one when i retire and my civic dies. though with the miles i am putting on now, it still has a lot of life left.....35/day.

9. atlaw4u

atlaw4u Well-Known Member

I've spotted 5 in the last 2 weeks near downtown Dallas.

10. psyshack

My mother wants one. I hope she does a Yaris 3 door myself. If Smart was 7 to 10k it might be worth it. It really is not impressive mpg wise. But my mother really likes tart little cars like that. Hell she liked the NSU my father and her bought after they married. :)

11. Right Lane Cruiser

Jeff, the thing about the smart is that it is largely a fashion statement (at the mileage it gets, anyway) -- you obviously get that because of the value you've placed on it.

Depending upon what she's driving now either one could be a substantial improvement in her FE, though.

12. toastblows

toastblows Well-Known Member

Ive seen 4 or 5 down in bloomington/edina/494. I think the mercedes dealer between 100 and france sells them.

13. Right Lane Cruiser

Really? I may have to take a field trip to see if I can test drive one. :)

14. toastblows

toastblows Well-Known Member

Call that dealer up and see if they do. I see them on american blvd in west bloomington a lot. And that mercedes dealer is on American Blvd....so thats my guess.

15. lyekka

lyekka Well-Known Member

I have only seen one near Dayton, but it was on a truck. They have a dealer in Columbus that I would like to visit.

I was in Australia in December 2006 and they had them available for rent near the beach. I would have rented one if I had known beforehand...

16. -mr. bill

-mr. bill Senior Member

The ForTwo is a FSP. Only here. Only here.

-mr. bill

17. Right Lane Cruiser

Hi, Bill! I wouldn't name it FSP, but it definitely doesn't deliver on the expectations set by its size. When a larger car can get close to the same mileage at a cheaper price, the advantages of ridiculous parking ability just don't balance out the lack of carrying capacity. That's why I think it is largely a fashion statement. :)

18. -mr. bill

-mr. bill Senior Member

...and the last time you drove for a half hour looking for a parking space was?

-mr. bill

19. Dan

Dan KiloTanked in post 153451

Is there really a 18 month wait or is that a smoke-screen?

20. Right Lane Cruiser

:confused: Seriously? I've never spent longer than about 4min looking for a parking slot. That includes parking ramps, inner city parking, and busy department store parking. I simply park further out if it is outside and if the ramp is full, I go elsewhere. A "close" spot isn't worth it to me.

Is it worse for you? If not, I'm not sure I follow...