International Energy Agency chief: We have warned them.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bike123, May 4, 2008.

1. Bike123

Bike123 Well-Known Member

Until last year, the IEA predicted demand (out to 2030) and assumed the supply would be there. Can you imagine Bernake or Greenspan using language like this?

[xfloat=left]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/Oil_Pump_at_twilight.jpg[/xfloat]Astrid Schneider - Energy Bulletin - May 2, 2008

The only thing worse than bad news is if it's understated - Ed

The International Energy Agency (IEA) gives the alarm: The world could run out of oil faster than expected - the danger of a supply shortage is rising

Hunger for energy vs. energy shortage: While the demand for oil is on the rise, the production is decreasing - shortages, escalating prices and inflation are looming. When talking to energy politician Astrid Schneider, Faith Biro, chief economist of the IEA demands a change in policy from the member countries. His motto: leave oil before it leaves us…[rm]http://www.energybulletin.net/43604.html[/rm]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2008
  2. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Wow, that was a long read but well worth the time.

Finally some straight talk!

I hope I'm able to convert to electric transportation soon enough. :(

3. Earthling

Earthling Trying to be kind to Mother Earth

Peak Oil is here.

Cue the Mad Max movie in the DVD!

Harry

4. Dan

Dan KiloTanked in post 153451

I kinda feel like the SETI nut the day NASA admits that they have proof of life on other planets.

I've always known peak oil was right around the corner, but to hear people finally let out a sigh and agree with me.... it's kinda freaky.

*Dan buys his mad max peak oil disaster kit*

5. hobbit

hobbit He who posts articles

It appears to be subscription-only. Please do NOT post pointers
    to articles that don't work for everyone.
    _H*

6. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Interesting. It was not subscription only yesterday because I don't have a login and did read it. :confused: :(

7. Dan

Dan KiloTanked in post 153451

8. cobaltblue

cobaltblue New Member

9. chief302

chief302 Well-Known Member

Regarding opening up our protected federal lands:

I think it might be a good idea to wait until oil gets a little higher before we get the last little bit...why not use everyone else's first?

60 million cars for 60 years...how many cars do we have on the roads now? It has to be more than 60 mil.