New to the community

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by CitrusInsighter, Feb 23, 2006.

1. CitrusInsighter

CitrusInsighter Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I have been a hybrid owner since August 2005, but a hybrid enthusiast since Spring 2003. In that time period our family has acquired 2 Insights and a Prius. Replacing 2 20mpg minivans and a 26mpg '86 Plymouth.

I have an affinity for hypermiling, but am plagued by a nightmarish daily commute of ~5 miles in the cold with little chance to warm-up. With some coaching from Wayne, I have increased that mileage significantly despite near-zero temperatures in the early mornings.

I, along with my father, have organized the Milwaukee Hybrid Group in the image of the similar group in Madison, WI. We have started to make connections with area environmental advocates as well as auto dealers to spread the word about our group, in order to enlighten people about the potential of hybrid technology.

On an unrelated note, we have as many cats as hybrids: Friskee (10), Princess J (6) and Eartha Kitten (4 mo)

2. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Hi Justin;

Glad to see you here on the Forum. :) Just wanted to say Welcome and I'm sure once Wayne see's your name he will be posting here also with a big welcome on board.

Regards;

Terry

3. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Welcome to CleanMPG!

I'd be interested in hearing your comparison of the Prius and the Insight.

[​IMG]
    This is one of my cats - Mewdonna Yes she is the...
    • Babe
    • In
    • Total
    • Control
    • Here
    :p

4. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Justin:

___Welcome indeed! For everyone else, Justin is the youngest extreme hypermiler in the country and possibly the world! The first 16 year old to see a segment > 100 mpg’s in his own Insight :D

___Justin, if I am free the weekend of your next hybrid group meet (March 4), I will make it up your way.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

5. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Justin.

Last edited: May 15, 2007