Registration Confusion

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by efusco, Apr 13, 2008.

1. efusco

efusco He who posts articles

Wayne, et al,
    Just had one lost soul at Priuschat who could not figure out how to register here asking us for help!
    I thought...what a duff, how hard can it be? So I came straight over, when to the Home page where I was sure there'd be a "Register Here" button...nothing. Then I figured out that that was programmed to go away when I was logged in. So I logged out and came back to the home page.....still nothing.

I searched the top banners/pull-downs....nothing.
    I searched the green list along the side....nothing.

Finally, just because it seemed like the next logical place to look, I checked the forums page...and THERE it was.

Anyway, can I suggest some sort of link to register in a slightly more obvious location?

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Evan:

___I did not know this either and will try and get it straightened out ASAP!

___Thank you for the heads up. As most of us log in automatically most of the time (I am sure you and I do anyway ;)) or come to the forums for a look see, who would have known?

___Thanks again and Good Luck!

___Wayne

3. efusco

efusco He who posts articles

Thanks Wayne, when I thought about it later I thought maybe you did it intentionally to avoid bots or to get people to check out the forums before they registered or something. But that poor guy couldn't figure it out.