Yet another convert

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by esperto96, Apr 13, 2008.

1. esperto96

esperto96 Member

I've been lurking around here for about a month and finally decided to register. I think it was my first over 50 MPG tank that said to me, "it's time to stop hiding. Go out and embrace your hypermiling friends that you never met." So here I am!

My journey started as I was feeling depressed about the cost of fuel I was burning along my 33.5 mile drive to work each day. I started looking into hybrids and electrics and other options. I was getting 33-35 mpg in my 1998 Saturn, so it was a fraction of the pain all of the SUV drivers around me must have felt.

Then I saw the light in a Reader's Digest article about hypermilers and Wayne in particular while at a Sunday Dinner at my parents house. I read up on the techniques, came here, read some more, started trying things out, and yesterday, I got my first over 50 MPG tank. I came in at 52.8 MPG! :Banane47::Banane44:

My family, who formerly thought I went off the deep end, is congratulating me on the achievement. I read a quote somewhere that said, "those who dance are often considered crazy by those who don't hear the music". Well I hear the music. I just wish I had heard it sooner.

2. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Congratulations! That's a great feeling, isn't it? :D

Welcome to the site! Be sure to ask plenty of questions as we love to help. :)

3. atlaw4u

atlaw4u Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club and congratulations. Those are some great MPG numbers. Keep us posted on your progress.

4. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

congratulations on hitting the 50 mpg mark! that's amazing with your car! I hope with the scangauge I can hit some decent numbers soon. good luck with continually increased mpg #"s and keep us updated! better late than never, you can start counting your savings now.

5. fitmpg

fitmpg Well-Known Member

Welcome. That's an impressive total!

6. 98CRV

98CRV Well-Known Member

That is bleepin' awesome. Now I am envious.

Welcome!

7. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Esperto96:

___Congrats, welcome to CleanMPG and I am so glad you were willing to open your mind and hear the music that so many seem to be missing … Here is to your new found love of dancing with the rest of us :Banane35:

___Good Luck

___Wayne